Admissions Requirements

There are many different types of students in various stages of life at Lakeland. The admissions policies and requirements may vary depending on one's specific endeavors or background. Please review the list below to help prepare for your specific admissions process.

View our Enrollment Checklist for steps on getting started!


Standard Student

To enroll at Lakeland, a student should submit a completed application form online. In addition, all new, first-year students are required to submit a final, official high school (showing graduation date) or GED transcript. The general admission policy of the college does not ensure admittance to a particular course or program. Males age 18 to 26 must be registered with the Selective Service prior to enrolling at Lakeland or they will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate.

Adult Learner Student

Returning to college when you are 25 or older can be challenging. It can also be one of the best decisions you ever make! Lakeland's Recruitment Center can help adult learner students navigate the enrollment process, choose an educational path, get financial assistance to pay for college, bring in transfer credits, and request credit for prior learning experience.
More Info

Health Technologies Student

All students enrolled in a nursing or allied health program/certificate must complete a series of additional requirements that vary by program. Additional requirements may include, but are not limited to, standard student admission requirements as well as Health Technologies Application Form, pre-admission testing, student disclosure statement, criminal background check, and specific program-related medical requirements.

Each health technologies department may have specific admissions requirements.
More Info

High School Student

College Credit Plus
Lakeland Community College's College Credit Plus Program (CCP) offers high school students the opportunity to enroll at Lakeland on a part-time or full-time basis, and earn college credit which may also be used to fulfill their high school graduation requirements.
More Info

Career Technical Education
Career Technical Education (CTE) programs are offered in local high schools, career centers and at Lakeland Community College. For most programs, registration begins during the second semester of the sophomore year, and if accepted, the student will begin as a high school junior. Some approved programs may begin at the start of the senior year.
More Info

International Student

Lakeland welcomes qualified students who are seeking an F-1 student visa to allow them to study as a full-time student in the United States. At Lakeland, F-1 student visa holders will receive individual attention to help achieve their educational dreams.

To study as an F-1 student visa holder at Lakeland, applicants will need to meet specific federal requirements.

Visit our International Students page for more information.

Returning Lakeland Student

If you were a previous student (including College Credit Plus) and took some time off from attending Lakeland, we welcome you back!

If you are unsure of where you left off at Lakeland and would like some assistance in selecting classes or discussing a new degree/certificate program, please contact our counseling and advising center at 440.525.7200.

Also, if you attended any other colleges while you were away from Lakeland, please have your official transcript(s) submitted to the college. Once received at Lakeland, be sure to schedule a transcript evaluation with the counseling and advising center at 440.525.7200 to see if any of the credits you already earned will transfer towards your degree/certificate at Lakeland.

Finally, if you need to update any of your information (i.e. address, phone number, degree/certificate, name, etc.) or if you need your myLakeland log in information, please complete the online application for Returning Students.

Senior Citizen Audit Student

Lakeland offers senior citizens 60 years or older the opportunity to audit credit courses on a space-available basis and have the tuition waived. View the tuition schedule here. Senior citizens are responsible for purchasing course materials and books in addition to the general, lab and student support service fees.

Eligibility requirements:

  • Ohio resident
  • 60 years of age or older
  • Provide proof of age and residency via Ohio driver's license or state issued I.D.

To benefit from the senior citizen tuition waiver, a senior citizen must complete an Admissions Application (first-time applicants only) and an Audit Request – Senior Citizen (PDF) to be certified as eligible.

Once certified as eligible, senior citizens may register during senior citizen registration dates.

Please note: noncredit, continuing education courses are not eligible for senior citizen tuition waivers.

View Credit Courses - Schedule Viewer

Students Requiring Accommodations

Students with disabilities are provided comprehensive support and accommodations at Lakeland. If you are a student in need of accommodations, please contact the Student Accommodation Center as early as possible in the enrollment process to discuss and coordinate identified accommodations.

Transfer Student

Students who are transferring to Lakeland from another college are required to submit a final, official high school (showing graduation date) or GED transcript. This requirement may be waived if you have earned 15 credit hours or more at an accredited post-secondary institution. Additionally, all new transfer students are required to submit official transcript(s) from all post-secondary institutions attended (even if no credit was earned). Once all transcripts are received at Lakeland, it is recommended that students make an appointment with an academic advisor to have their transcript(s) evaluated and to determine which courses apply to their degree/certificate program.

Only Lakeland Community College course grades will be used in computing a student's GPA. Credits will only be accepted from regionally accredited institutions.
More info about Transcripts
More info about Veterans Transfer

Visit Lakeland's Transfer Center for additional information on credit transfer to or from Lakeland.

Visiting (Transient) Student

Visiting students are currently attending another university or college and would like to take courses at Lakeland Community College for one term and have the credits transferred back to their home institution.

NEW Visiting Students
  1. Complete Lakeland's Application for Admissions as a visiting (transient) student.
  2. Complete the Visiting (Transient) Student Registration Form (also available for download after applying to Lakeland). This form must be completed by the appropriate official at the visiting student's home institution and received by Lakeland prior to registration.*
RETURNING Visiting Students
  1. Complete the Visiting (Transient) Student Registration Form. This form must be completed by the appropriate official at the visiting student's home institution and received by Lakeland prior to registration.*

Final grades are not automatically sent from Lakeland to the visiting student's home institution; an official transcript must be requested upon completion of the courses(s). Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid a Lakeland.

Contact Lakeland's Office of the Registrar for more information.

*If you cannot obtain written permission from your home institution, an unofficial or official transcript should be submitted to verify that course prerequisites have been met in order to enroll in courses at Lakeland Community College.

Veteran Student

Lakeland is a Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC), approved by the State Approving Agency for Veterans and is committed to being named as a "Military Friendly School" year after year.

Lakeland is committed to helping active duty personnel, veterans, reservists, and dependents attain their personal and professional goals.
More info

Lakeland Community College employees do not receive incentive payments for recruiting service members. The college does not aggressively contact service members or engage in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing service member enrollments.

Non-Degree/Non-Certificate Student

New students may enroll to take courses for personal enrichment or professional development as a non-degree/non-certificate student. Non-degree/non-certificate students must be a high school graduate or have obtained a high school diploma equivalency.

Non-degree/non-certificate students are not required to submit high school or college transcripts and are also waived from the placement test admissions requirement.

  • Financial aid is not available for non-degree/non-certificate students
  • Non-degree/non-certificate students must still meet all course prerequisites
  • No developmental courses are permitted unless the student completes the placement test
  • There is no limit on the number of credits a student can earn as a non-degree/non-certificate student

Staging Enabled