We've accelerated the process just for you!
Lakeland is offering Express Counseling and Advising sessions that are specially designed to help you move through the registration process quickly. There's no need to worry that you won't have enough time to gear up for spring semester. We stand ready to support you so you can start classes right on time.
- Register for a session by logging into your myLakeland account, then clicking on Schedule It.
- You will register for one-hour time slot and your counselor will call at some point during that hour.
- Leave with a plan to get you started for spring.
Express Counseling and Advising hours are:
- Monday, Jan. 11 - Thursday, Jan. 14 | 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (last time slot at 5 p.m.)
- Friday, Jan. 15 | 8 a.m. - noon (last time slot at 11 a.m.)
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 and Wednesday, Jan. 20 | 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (last time slot at 5 p.m.)
Reserve your time slot through your myLakeland account. Here are the steps:
- Log in to myLakeland.
- Click the "Student" tab.
- In the left-hand column under Quick Tools, click on the "Schedule It" icon.
- Click "Schedule Express Counseling and Advising."
- Select a time.
- Click "Reserve."
Please be sure to read the email confirmation that will be sent to you.
All counseling and advising is currently taking place remotely by phone. Please contact us at 440.525.7200 to schedule a meeting with a counselor.
Professional counseling services are available to full-time, part-time or potential students. By discussing interests, achievements and goals, counselors can assist students in making realistic educational and occupational decisions. Whether you are a new or returning student, a recent high school graduate or an adult learner exploring a new career, the counseling and advising office will assist you in the successful completion of your educational and career goals.
On this website you will find information on the following counseling services:
- Admissions Counseling: New to the college? We will assist you in selecting courses to begin your studies. More details can be found in our admission counseling services page.
- Academic Counseling and Advising: We can help you plan your educational goals, review degree and transfer opportunities. We can develop an individualized academic plan to track your progress toward graduation or transfer for a bachelor's degree.
- Career Exploration and Planning: We understand that choosing a major or career is not an easy task. We can help you discover a career that best fits your personality, interests and skills.
- Personal Counseling: As Licensed Professional Counselors we will help you explore solutions concerning personal concerns impacting your educational experience and personal development.
- Policy and Procedure Counseling: We will help you understand the college system and the policies that affect your success.
- Psychological Counseling: Lakeland's campus psychologist is available to help students succeed in pursuing their education when personal, emotional or family problems may be interfering with their studies.
Students should make an appointment with a counselor when:
Contact Lakeland's Counseling and Advising Center to make an appointment at 440.525.7200.
Students interested in Lakeland's Walk-In Counseling sessions, will need to sign in at the Student Service Center. The order in which students are seen is based upon the availability of a counselor for their specific academic program. Therefore, depending upon the program, wait times may vary. Students will be paged when a counselor is available and should immediately report to the Counseling and Advising Center. Failure to do so may result in a longer wait.
If a student is interested in any of the following health technology degree/certificate programs, they must attend a mandatory health technology information session before meeting with a counselor. Programs include:
- Dental hygiene,health information management technology, histotechnology, medical laboratory technology, nursing, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy and surgical technology.
Review the "Related Events" on this page for scheduled Mandatory Health Information Session dates.