- The Women's Center is a place where women gather for support, acceptance and help. The staff strives to help women establish a sense of community while on campus, so you will stay here and get to graduation, meeting your educational goals.
- The Women's Center is open to all women, including nontraditional ages, women who've had a break since last attending school, older women who have never attended college, women who are mothers (single and married), and women seeking a new direction or a second chance.
- This is a drop in center - no appointment is needed. Women can drop in any time with questions and concerns, or things you don't understand about the college experience.
- You can join the Women's Center Learning Community. Take two or more classes together as a group and support each other in the classroom.
- Women can make connections with other women who share the same goals for a better future. You can attend workshops and activities designed to help you get the most out of your education and learn about all the resources available on campus and in the community.
- The Women's Center offers special events and field trips to enhance the educational experience. You can enjoy our "Women in the World" movie series, hear unique speakers, or travel with us to other campuses for a variety of opportunities.
- Tell your own story onstage as a participant in the Cleveland Public Theater/Lakeland Writing Project each spring.
- The staff is equipped to help you, if your life begins to get in the way of your education. Talk to us if you need help and ideas to solve your problems so that you can stay in school.
- We are the biggest cheerleaders when things go well for students and we make every effort to offer a sense of community to women who are looking for that on campus. Along those lines, we always have free coffee and every other week we raffle off an item of LCC clothing which is hanging in our window. You can come in any time and fill out a raffle ticket.