Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Holden University Center Partnership Program?

The Holden University Center Partnership Program allows students to earn a bachelor's or graduate degrees from one of our partner universities while staying close to home. We partner with top colleges and universities across the state of Ohio to provide greateer access to higher education to Lake County and surrounding residents.

» top

What four-year colleges and universities are participating?

Cleveland State University, Franklin University, Hiram College, John Carroll University, Kent State University, Lake Erie College, The University of Akron, Ursuline College, and Youngstown State University have committed to offering degree programs through the partnership program.


» top

What programs are offered?

Click here for a list of academic programs. Degree programs are subject to change.

» top

Who will issue degrees earned through the Holden University Center Partnership Program?

Bachelor's and graduate degrees are issued from the individual college or university providing the degree program, and will be identical to that same degree offered on the institution's campus.

» top

Who teaches Holden University Center Partnership Program classes?

Holden University Center Partnership Program classes are taught by faculty assigned by the partnering university.

Can I start my bachelor's degree through the Holden University Center Partnership Program?

The partnership program offers bachelor's completion programs and, in most cases, only upper division (junior and senior) level undergraduate courses. Admission requirements vary from institution to institution, but generally include approximately 60 hours of undergraduate coursework and/or the equivalent of an associate degree. Lakeland Community College can provide lower division coursework through its associate degree program. Contact the Lakeland Community College Counseling Office to inquire about lower level courses.

How much is tuition for classes taught by university partners through the Holden University Center Partnership Program?

Each partner university determines its own tuition and fees. Payment is made to the university to which you have registered. Deadlines and refunds also vary according to each university's policy.

To receive more information about the Holden University Center Partnership program, call 440.525.7535, or fill out this simple form.



Layce Artman I graduated with my associate degree from Lakeland while at the same time graduating as Valedictorian from high school. I plan to attend the Holden University Center to complete my bachelor's degree in criminal justice. Layce Artman College Credit Plus

Michelle Timms One thing I really love about Lakeland and being in the honors program is that the teachers have small classes and they are very devoted to their students. My friends at four-year institutions are taking the same intro classes that I am, but in large lecture halls with a lot more students. Michelle Timms Associate of Arts

Staging Enabled