Welcome to Lakeland Community College's department of information technology & computer science. The mission of the information technology and computer science department is to provide quality education through a cohesive set of well-researched and designed courses, workshops, and programs that are responsive to employer and community needs and that:
- Prepare graduates with knowledge and skills necessary to assume the roles and responsibilities of an IT professional and/or further their education within a bachelor's degree program in computer information systems or computer science.
- Provide certificate students with a subset of an associate degree program and/or a concentrated focus on a set of occupational knowledge and skills.
- Upgrade and/or enhance the knowledge and skills of existing IT professionals within the community.
- Prepare students for successful completion of industry standard certification exams.
- Serve the need for specialized computer-related training within other programs within the college.
- Meet the general computer literacy and skill development needs of students within the college.
- Foster interest in computer technology studies within the community.
Note on WSR format for Fall 2020:
The Online-WSR course is delivered primarily online using Blackboard. The difference between the Fully Online and Online-WSR is there are some required face-to-face or synchronous (real-time) interactions, such as: class orientation, regularly scheduled chat or web-conferencing sessions, and / or proctored exams. Please refer to the course syllabus for specific course requirements.
Please consult your instructor for course specific details. More info can be found here.