The campus police department coordinates a college-wide effort to protect students, faculty, staff and visitors known as the "campus watch" program. It is similar in nature to the "block watch" program found in many local communities.
Employees and Students at Lakeland Community College have been automatically enrolled in our Emergency Alerts system. This system will be used to inform you of emergency situations via phone and email. You have the option of adding additional email addresses, phone and text numbers. Learn more.
The campus police provide a security escort service to and from college parking lots. To request this service, contact the campus police.
The first aid/health services office (Room S-011) falls under the jurisdiction of the campus police department.
- Immunization information
- Literature on alcoholism, cancer, sexually transmitted diseases, nutrition, and other health issues
- Personal safety information on topics such as emergency services, first aid, etc.
- Information on community and health programs including a low-cost student health insurance plan designed for Lakeland students taking six or more credit hours. Brochures describing this plan may be obtained from the first aid secretary.
AED UNITS ON CAMPUS
1. LCC PD - hallway A-02
2. PAC - on wall to the right of the ticket area
3. Admissions - on the wall between registration and financial aid
4. Breakers - on the wall to the right of the S kiosk
5. Dental Clinic – H-01 just past reception desk
6. Library - on the wall behind the renewal desk
7. AFC - on the wall behind the check-in desk
8. AFC - on the second floor near the desk
9. CLI – A-2020
10. E Building - across from kiosk
11. T Building - in hallway outside T 153 (faculty offices)
12. Car 932
13. Health Services - S 011
14. Mooreland – next to west exterior door, just behind the kitchen
15. Holden University Center – next to navigation desk
16. Lakeland East - on the wall across from reception desk
If a jumpstart is needed for your vehicle please contact campus police for assistance. You will need to know the parking lot your are in, the make and model of your vehicle and sign a liability waiver.
Lock your keys in your car? Contact the campus police. Persons requesting this service must provide identification and sign a written liability waiver.
Lakeland Campus Police will be happy to assist. Please contact us and tell us where you are parked. Please also provide your vehicle make, model, and color.
Unclaimed, abandoned and /or lost and found property shall be delivered to the Campus Police Department Room A-002 for safekeeping. Property owners can claim property at the police department upon demonstrating proof of ownership. Unclaimed property which has accumulated over a period of time will be disposed of by the college pursuant to the applicable laws and ordinances.
One of the duties of the Lakeland Police Department is to monitor, maintain and enforce parking on Lakeland College grounds. Student parking is available at NO CHARGE to students and visitors and is conveniently located around the college. The college also offers a FREE shuttle bus service to and from your vehicle. Learn more.
Lake County residents can bring their unwanted and expired prescription and over-the-counter medications, including cold and flu medications, cough syrups, pain relievers, vitamins, creams, pills and pet medications. Residents should remove or black out the personal information on pharmacy labels and leave the medications in the original package or container. Residents should be advised that absolutely no needles or syringes are permitted in these bins. Lakeland Police Department's bin is located outside the main dispatch window, located in the basement of A-bldg, Room A-2. Disposal hours are:
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For any questions, please contact the Lakeland Police Department 440.525.7241