Life After CCP

As you come to the end of your CCP program, your educational journey is still just beginning. Whether you're staying at Lakeland to take more courses or to earn your bachelor's degree from the Holden University Center, looking for a job, or transferring your credits to another four-year school, these are the next steps for you to take.

Applying to Lakeland Graduation

If you are graduating with an Associate degree from Lakeland, you need to apply for graduation during your last semester. Log in to your myLakeland. Click on the "student" tab. Under "myRECORDS," click on "Graduation Application." Click on "Apply Now!" and follow the prompts. Please see Lakeland's important dates for the deadline.

Staying at Lakeland

You do not need to reapply to Lakeland. You will need to re-declare your major. You will also need to let us know if any of your personal information has changed. You can fill out the Change of Personal Information form (only the section(s) that pertain to you) and email it to

Lakeland Community College has over 140 Degree and Certificate programs, click here for a list!

We will need an official, final copy of your high school transcript with your graduation date posted. Please contact your high school guidance counselor with questions.

Students should complete one simple application to be considered for over 130 scholarships that may be used towards tuition, fees, and/or textbooks.

Join the Lakeland Honors Program.

Holden University Center

The Holden University Center is partnered with 11 different college or universities and has over 40 degree programs (including both Bachelor and Graduate degrees) available for students. Visit their website for more information!

Need Help Looking for a Job

Lakeland's Career Services Center can help with building a resume, practice interview skills and more. They can also assist with finding local available job positions.

Transferring Credits

Visit our Current CCP Students webpage for more resources.

Requesting Lakeland Transcripts

Log in to myLakeland. Click on the "student" tab. In the middle column, under "myLakeland Student Services," click on "Student Records." Click on "Request Official Transcripts" and follow the prompts. The Lakeland Student Service Center can help with questions regarding requesting transcripts.

CCP Student Testimonials

Just how much can you achieve as a CCP student? Find out how some of our students maximized their CCP experience!

Kelly Cooper - From CCP to medical school

Kelly Cooper I have earned my Associates of Arts and Science as well as my EMT certificate through the CCP program. Furthermore, in junior and senior year of high school I took physics, criminal justice, EMT and calculus classes here at Lakeland to see what sparked my interest. For the EMT certificate I had to complete hours in the emergency room, and I knew that was the career path for me. I went to get my Bachelor of Science from Akron and start medical school at NEOMED in July. The EMT certificate has also helped me gain real patient experience as I am working for Community Care Ambulance before school starts.

Brooke Lombardo - Transfer with ease

Brooke Lombardo I became a part of the CCP program my junior year of high school. I began by taking just a few courses at a time and worked my way up to a full-time schedule at Lakeland. I took a summer course to keep me on track for being able to earn my Associates of Arts and my Associates of Science by the end of my senior year. By utilizing the CCP program I was able to save time and money while also ensuring transferability to a four-year college. I would recommend that students work with an academic counselor to be sure they are taking courses that are part of Ohio Transfer 36 and are guaranteed to transfer.

Layce Artman - Getting a bachelor's degree close to home

Layce Artman I graduated Summa Cum Laude with my associate degree from Lakeland in May 2022. I also graduated Valedictorian at Edgewood High School. I plan to attend the Holden University Center to complete my bachelor's degree in criminal justice through Youngstown State University. My goal is to enlist in the United States Coast Guard as an officer to pursue a law enforcement career within that branch of the military. After obtaining work experience, I plan to apply for a career in the CIA or the United States Secret Service.




Staging Enabled