Students who are graduating or earning a certificate from Lakeland Community College should first meet with a Lakeland counselor in the Counseling and Advising Center. This meeting is to ensure that all requirements for the degree or certificate they are seeking have been completed.
In order to receive a diploma or certificate from the college, students must submit an which can be obtained online through myLakeland, by the deadline established by the college:
- Follow this link to my Grad App (myLakeland login required)
- Click or tap "Apply Now!"
All associate degrees (arts, science, applied science and technical studies) require successful completion of at least 60 semester hours with a 2.0 minimum grade point average (GPA). The student must have earned at least 20 credit hours at Lakeland Community College.
All applied associate degrees (applied business or applied science) require the student to:
- Pass all required courses for the particular major.
- Enroll and earn no fewer than 20 technical credits at Lakeland Community College for the particular major.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
Some programs of study may have additional program and/or grade point average requirements based upon accreditation standards. The students must review the requirements of the specific degree program to determine if there are additional requirements.
- There is no fee to apply for a diploma or certificate, however, for students attending commencement, there is a $20 charge for regalia (cap, gown, and tassel). Students eligible for an honors cord will be charged an additional $10. Certificate recipients do not participate in commencement.
- Fall graduates and pending spring and summer candidates participating in commencement will receive a blank diploma cover
- Diplomas and certificates are not mailed and must be picked up at the Student Service Center six weeks after the last term of attendance
- Diplomas and certificates are not backdated
Check the Important Dates for current graduation application deadlines.
2024 Commencement Ceremony Date
Saturday, May 11, 2024
Visit our commencement page for details on getting ready for and attending the commencement ceremony.