Lakeland Community College will grant transfer credit for courses completed at other colleges and universities according to the following guidelines:
- Only official transcripts will be used in the evaluation process. Official transcripts must be forwarded directly from the sending institution to the Student Service Center of Lakeland Community College.
- Credits must have been earned at an institution which is accredited by one of the regional associations listed below:
- Higher Learning Commission
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Only non-remedial courses with a grade of "D" or higher will be accepted in transfer.
- Non-remedial courses with grades of "pass" and "satisfactory" are accepted for transfer.
- Only course credits and credit hours are transferable; previous grade point averages do not transfer.
- Course work completed at schools which are not regionally accredited and/or not candidates for accreditation will not be transferable; however, the dean of the academic division in which the course is offered at Lakeland may grant credit at his/her discretion.
- In most instances, transcripts from institutions outside the United States will need to be evaluated by an independent credit evaluation organization at the student's cost.
Transfer students may be required to provide college catalog(s) and/or course syllabi and names of textbooks used in courses to the Transfer Center at Lakeland to ensure thorough transfer credit evaluations.