Lakeland Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413
Lakeland Community College held an HLC Comprehensive Quality Review (CQR) onsite visit April 27-29, 2020. This is a requirement of our accreditation and is the culmination of an 8 year cycle. During this visit a peer review team remotely held meetings and open forum sessions.
At Lakeland, continuous quality improvement is an institutional initiative that seeks the input of all stakeholders. Everyone in the entire college community is encouraged to be an active participant.
We are pleased to report that Lakeland received positive feedback from the Higher Learning Commission following our Reaffirmation of Accreditation virtual visit held April 27 and 28. The peer reviewers provided a comprehensive report which has been officially acknowledged by the college. The Provost's Office is currently preparing a brief update report (as required by the HLC) to confirm we remain in compliance with the Criteria for Accreditation. Lakeland is preparing to welcome two of the peer reviewers for an on campus verification visit on September 21-22. More details will be provided as we get closer to that date.
- To involve the campus community in continuous quality improvement efforts in order to offer the most outstanding educational opportunities to the Lake County and Northeastern Ohio communities
- To permit Lakeland to identify strategic initiatives that will have the greatest impact on its students and other stakeholders
- To engage the college's employees in collaborative efforts that will foster student learning as well as employee growth and satisfaction
- To help the college's employees come to an enhanced understanding of the college's mission and their part in it
- To meet the five Criteria for Accreditation as set forth by the Higher Learning Commission
- To maintain accredited status
Find a list of specific program accreditations in the college catalog.